“Local produce, local use! Easy and fun to do! Stop dumping used cooking oil that blocks the drain. Upcycle and clean your home.”
Every liter of used cooking oil can become 1 kg of EcoSoap for household cleaning and handwashing. Join JooSoap Studio for a hands-on workshop next to a lovely greenhouse: Kääntöpöytä near Pasila, Helsinki. You will learn how to make eco-soap in a simple way, without electricity or heat. And you will also get acquainted with related environmental and health issues. Tested and tried technologies/experience from Taiwan since 1996! We will source some used cooking oil from local restaurants in Helsinki, and you are also welcome to bring your own used cooking oil from your kitchen or nearby restaurants for a test to see if the restaurant is worth trusting or not.
A total of seven workshops will be organized on September 10, 11, 13, 14. Every workshop is limited to 12 people; registration is required.
Sep 10, Mon 13:30-15:00(cancelled)
- Sep 10, Mon 17:00-18:30
- Sep 11, Tue 13:30-15:00
- Sep 11, Tue 17:00-18:30
Sep 13, Thu 13:30-15:00(cancelled)
- Sep 13, Thu 17:00-18:30
- Sep 14, Fri 13:30-15:00
* Additional workshops for private group are possible and warmly welcomed by email to [email protected]
(20 min) Coffee/tea with warm-up discussions
(10 min) Introduction video
(40 min) Eco-Soap making
(20- min) Q&A, packaging the soap, enjoy JooSoap Design Corner with Coffee/tea
- Kids age below 12 years old are free of charge, but need to be supervised by their own parent(s).
- The workshop is mainly in English, but Finnish and Mandarin Chinese are also possible (please request while registering).
- Remember to bring some moulds and containers.
JooSoap Studio, Helsinki (follow this direction)
Pasilan Vanhat Veturitallit, Building #G (Kääntöpöytä / Typpilaakso)
00520 Helsinki, Finland
*It it’s not raining, we will have the workshop outside at Kääntöpöytä. If it rains, we will move inside.
The fee includes:
- All material and equipment for ecosoap making
- Coffee or tea
- Make memory of Helsinki into a piece of special edition Eco-soap! Enjoy time at the “JooSoap Design Corner” to customize your ecosoaps / soap carving just for HDW!!
- Participants get 400g Eco-Soaps (3-4 pcs), package label specially made for the HDW workshop
- Refilling 200 ml of eco liquid soap with your own container.
❤ The event is part of Helsinki Design Week’s programme. The largest design festival in the Nordic countries is held from 6–16 September 2018.
#hdw2018 #helsinkidesignweek #joosoap #ecosoap #workshop#upcycle #usedcookingoil #localcirculareconomy #handmade #DIY #sustainablecleaning #helsinki #taiwan #mapleecoschool #joosoaptaiwan